A One Room School House
Located in 40 Mile Point Lighthouse Park
The original Glawe one room schoolhouse was built on Ocqueoc Road about 1885. The original log school house burned down and was rebuilt on the same site. The present day school has been remodeled several times and was used as a school until 1960. Children from first through eighth grade attended the school. In 1999 Glawe school was moved to 40 Mile Point Lighthouse Park. In 2022, 40 Mile Point Lighthouse Society started restoring the school. A plexiglass partition was added to the entry to allow the school to be open for viewing without a docent.